Real-Time GPS Shuttle Tracking
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR GPS SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. WE ARE WORKING WITH OUR VENDOR TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Click on your shuttle route below to view our GPS shuttle map:
A smartphone app is now available for our GPS system, allowing our riders to view our shuttles in real-time on thier phone!
- What is Blirp it?
- Blirp it, which stands for Bus Line Information Retrieval Program, allows members of an organization to view the location of any bus in their system at any time.
- How does it work?
- The system uses GPS to track the location of buses. Buses send updates about their location to a central system, which then transmits this data for display at bus stops and other off street locations. Thus a passenger can see, in near real time, the progress of buses approaching their required stop.
- How often is the information updated
- The information is updated in near real time, providing riders with reliable information regarding arrivals and departures.
- Are real time predictions accurate?
- Estimates are made by incorporating real time data with actual times collected from past trips to create a reliable prediction. Our bus tracking system is designed to work off of averages. The system is designed to take into consideration the time of day, weather, and recent data to provide the most accurate arrival time. Please understand that arrival time may vary and may not be 100% accurate.
- What are the benefits of the system?
- Improved information for the public and the bus operator. Passengers can view information from home, at work, or at a bus stop that has a display. Bus operators can view in real time the location of buses and actively manage the operations to minimize the impact of any emerging problems. The data gathered from the buses can be used to improve the reliability and punctuality of buses.
- Where should I send feedback or complaints about the system?
- Please do not call with questions or comments regarding GPS. Our phone system cannot handle the volume.
- Which browser does your map work in?
- Our map is designed to work in all browsers. That being said, if you are using a version of Internet Explorer less than 7 it may be a good idea to update your browser to a newer version.
- Why can’t I view my route on the map?
- If you cannot see your route on the map, make sure you select “Show All Routes” in the Current Routes menu located on the left side of the page.
- If you selected “Show All Routes” and you still cannot see your route, it is likely that the shuttle you selected is not currently in service. See http://www.128bc.org/shuttles for schedule information.
- Occasionally it is necessary to use replacement vehicles that are not equipped with GPS and will not show up on the map.
- Where can I access 128 Business Council shuttle real-time updates?
- On your smartphone
- On your computer: Watch as the buses move along their respective routes in real-time: www.128bc.blirpit.com